12/03/2013

FLORAL FLORAL

Nicole came over and per our usual, I grabbed my camera and coerced her into being my model. I love creating little spur of the moment shoots which blend whatever is around with whatever is in my head.
On this afternoon, I was amused by the contrast of floral on floral prints, in the mood to do some "Vogue" styling and inspired by our Grandmother's impeccable taste. 

While our Grandmother was never as dramatic as these photos, she is throughly represented here; the high backed floral chair that matched the drapes in her living room, this dress which I never saw her wear, but was always in the closets I played in as child, her trademark golden seashell earrings, her gold greenstone ring and even the geranium tucked into the back corner (geraniums and coral flowers were her favorite.) All of the elements here are hers. 

This little shoot was so fun and Nicole and I both felt happy to get to play with Grandma's things, as we chatted and remembered her.


No comments:

Post a Comment